(urth) the elephant in the room

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Wed Jun 27 19:40:15 PDT 2007

On 6/27/07, don doggett <kingwukong at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> So . . .
>>
>> Why has there not been any full blooded conversation
>> about Soldier of Sidon on the list? It's a "bigger"
>> book than Wizard Knight in terms of anticipation, but
>> it just sort of fizzled on the list. For myself, I
>> just don't have the time anymore to do the digging I
>> need to do to even create a fringe theory about it.

and Dan'l Danehy-Oakes answered:

> There seems to be very little
> "hidden stuff" going on, other than whatever is going on
> with the gods of various lands bickering with each other.
> But once you take them as literally existing beings, well,
> that's what gods of that sort *do*.

Well, my question about bickering of the gods is, where is the God of
the Israelites?  We seem to have carefully circled around there.  I'm a
bit vague as to what is going on Biblically around this period.  I was
wondering about Lions and B. as Solomon and Sheba but a few hundred years
out ;)

David Duffy.