(urth) “Tracking Song” (and other stories)

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:14:38 PDT 2007

FWIW, I read it (as I do a number of Wolfe's pieces) as a darkening
of the Bible story. Yes, it replays Cain and Abel with humans in the
role of God -- but that's the point; humans _can't_ take God's role and
have it work out well. The humans in the story are no more God than
is Typhon/Pas, and their efforts are no better motivated, and will have
no better outcome, than his.