(urth) The Morality of the Hierogrammates

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:09:08 PDT 2007

As for who cares, perhaps Wolfe does.
A theme of his is natural explanations for the supernatural, such as the
magic of Devil in the Forest, or the mystery of the Pelerine cathedral in
BotNS.
I contend that the feasibility of the flood is a deliberate puzzle.  The
event that is the culmination of the whole byzantine process is not
something to be hand-waved away by scifi pseudoscience in a book this
serious.  I think it's purposely something that cannot be explained by
physics in an endogenous system, but should be explained nonetheless.