(urth) OT: Lafferty recommendations

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 14:39:57 PDT 2007

On  0, Sean Lackey <zeppelin at texas.net> scribbled:

> I read dad's copy of The Devil is Dead about 15 years ago, I read my
> copy a few weeks ago.
>
> I'm not convinced they were entirely the same.
>
> But I liked them both nevertheless.
>
> This book bears watching however....
>
> Sean Lackey

They might well not have been. I quote a section from the Wikipedia article on Lafferty:

*"Apocryphal Passage of the Last Night Of Count Finnegan On Galveston Island"; the last chapter of The Devil Is Dead, omitted from the standard version, because the publisher of the first edition did not receive it in time to include it; later published separately in Episodes of the Argo

--
gwern
 790 Skyt el Yukon Templeton Johohonbu LUK Cohiba Soros