(urth) Eyeflash Miracles: WolfeWiki Content

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:42:18 PDT 2007

There's a set of essays in the old archives about Wizard of Oz
references in "The Eyeflash Miracles."  The essays are by William
Ansley, and they are very thorough on the Oz connections as well as
being a guide to interpretation.  Here are the relevant posts:

http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0024/0046.shtml
http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0024/0050.shtml
http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0024/0052.shtml
http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0024/0054.shtml
http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0024/0057.shtml
http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0024/0059.shtml
http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0024/0072.shtml

This is just the sort of thing I would like to see in the WolfeWiki.
A lot of work went into these essays, and others like them.  I wonder,
first of all, what the WolfeWiki custodians think about the
possibility of (upon obtaining Mr. Ansley's permission) editing these
posts for inclusion on the Wiki.  Second, I wonder about the
feasibility of mining the archives for other gems like these and using
them for the Wiki as well.  The alternative is to create all such
content from scratch, which, besides being an unnecessary duplication
of effort, is a task that boggles my mind, considering Wolfe's
complexity and the breadth of his intertextuality.

Any thoughts?

Matthew

PS: Bill is a Vironese name.  Just occurred to me.  So is Slippery Dick.