(urth) A Quick Question

Rex Lycanthrosaurus lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 19 08:09:55 PDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:55:43 -0400, "Paul B" <pb.stuff at gmail.com> said:
> Hi!  I saw this alluded to in the archives, but wasn't able to find a
> text
> reference - where does it say that Severian spent a year as an Ascian
> slave,
> after becoming Autarch?

It's extratextual and was mentioned in an interview conducted by Robert
Frazier for a fanzine called Thrust in 1982:

Frazier: "Perhaps we could end this by telling something about Severian
that doesn't end up in the books."

Wolfe: "There was the time when Severian encountered assassins in the
Secret House who had come to kill Ymar, an autarch a chiliad dead. I may
write about that sometime. And the year he spent as a slave of the
Ascians. But I doudt that either will make it into print."

The interview may be reprinted in the new Wright book, but I'm not sure,
as my copy has not arrived yet.
--
  Rex Lycanthrosaurus
  lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm