(urth) Seven American Nights question

aaron aaronsingleton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 05:06:37 PDT 2007

Thanks for everyone's input on this.  I had always assumed that the yellow
color came from oil or gasoline etc. leaking into the sea.  The only thing
that, to me, disputes the pollution theory is the fact that the captain
tells Nadan: "It's his country...bleeding to death."  That is why I assumed
crude oil "bleeding" from the earth.  But, after doing a little research, I
found several sources that confirm the erosion theory.  It seems that dirt
carried into the ocean from rivers turns the water yellow (in the worst
cases) or green (not quite as bad).  Again, thanks to all.

Aaron Singleton