(urth) The ending of 'Soldier of Sidon' (spoilers)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 07:54:29 PST 2007

>>why do Qanju and the rest seem to go off and abandon Latro so
>>readily, especially given that Wolfe has just spent two pages giving
>>us the various principle characters' promises of aid to Latro
>>(pp292-3)?

I understood (based on Myt-ser'eu's statement in the last
paragraph that Sahuset had bewitched the party to believe that Latro
was aboard with them. I understood from Sabra's advice
that Sahuset  had Falcata and would never help Latro regain it despite
his promises. That was the meaning of the god's claim that he already
had the sword

J.