(urth) Typhon & Whorl

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Sun Dec 23 22:48:33 PST 2007

Andrew wrote:
[snip]
>I think, in fact, that the RTTW Sev is Sev1. SilkHorn's visit is
>the event which causes him to leave the guild with Triskele and
>presumably follow the armies north. No New Sun, no encounter with
>Juturna in Gyoll, no meeting with Vodalus, no Triskele nightmare
[snip]

And in a follow-up:
[snip]
>On my story, at the time of the Triskele incident even on a Sev1-
>ish timeline there would still I guess be a small probability of a
>New Sun final resolution - so perhaps Sev1 is Y% New Sun for some Y
>which is small but big enough to do the trick for Triskele.

I'm confused. In your theory did Sev1 bring a New Sun or not? If the answer
is no, and if Sev2's timeline went poof with Silkhorn's astral visit, so
that he didn't bring a New Sun either, as your theory contends, then Urth
was doomed to the ice future. If the answer is yes, then what is the
ultimate difference whether he brought the New Sun or if Sev2 brought it, as
it happens in the Urth Cycle? No matter who fetches the white fountain, the
result is Ushas and the Hierogrammates get what they wanted and the cycle of
repeating universes goes on.

-Roy