(urth) Typhon & Whorl

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Dec 21 20:45:09 PST 2007

Pedro Pereira wrote:
> As for the white hole/black hole thing, do you care to explain? I think
> things would be quite more complicated, based on black hole mass, white
> hole energy output and quite a lot of other highly technical
> intereaction details. It does not seem plausible to me that its just a
> mater of adding a white hole to a black hole in the center of the sun
> and voila, everything is back to normal. I'm just curious here.

The black hole-white hole model has been deprecated for a few decades
now, so this is mainly a humorous answer, but current standard model
wormholes would involve negative mass causing negative spacetime
curvature, and there are several scenarios where the ends of a wormhole
into the heart of the sun can be brought together and then leave the sun
to return to equilibrium without destroying the earth; in fact, the
sun's lifetime is usually extended slightly.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >