(urth) Typhon & Whorl

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 05:27:36 PST 2007

Good that you confirm that, I didn't remember if extra-solar system rule by Typhon was clearly established in TBotNS. Anyway, couldn't he be just lying while he was tempting Severian, and in fact he didn't rule anything outside of the Solar System? Again, I don't remember the details so I don't know if this would be consistent.

But if extra-solar system rule is confirmed, than the only answer to the Whorl is that Wolfe wanted a generational starship and thats it. And in that case you're right, the two series are somehow interconnected in the sense that its the "same" universe, but they are not really the same thingy and should be looked upon as two related series with recurring themes but ultimately independent.

hum...

Pedro