(urth) Prior Race On Blue And Green

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:25:44 PST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 10:29 AM, Pedro Pereira <domus_artemis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> For example, the interviewer only asks about the Earth and Moon.
> What about Venus as Green? So that interview does not prove it is not the
> solar system.

Talk about "working by short circuits."  Do you suppose it was the
Templars who terraformed Venus?  And moved it to form a double planet
with Earth?  And got rid of Lune?

>  There's one interview where someone asks if the Green/Blue system is our
> own system and Wolfe replies that he "does not answer that kind of
> questions".

Why doesn't Wolfe answer these sorts of questions?  I suspect one
reason is that even his most straightforward response will be taken as
evidence of some still less plausible hypothesis.  But I believe the
main reason is that these are not *pertinent* questions.  By this I
mean that you can posit that Urth/Lune = Ste. Anne/Ste. Croix =
Blue/Green = Urth/Venus without changing what these novels mean.  This
answer doesn't do any interpretive work.  So Urth/Venus can be
Blue/Green if you want, but then much like the Whorl, you haven't
really gone anywhere yet.