(urth) Cumaean???

stoneox17 at aol.com stoneox17 at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 10:06:28 PST 2007

 Matthew Malthouse <matthew at calmeilles.co.uk> writes

> Pedro Pereira writes
> >South America seems to be basically the same as now

> Except that the main drainage is not West to East but North to South?

> If the continent has spun 90 degrees might we be allowed a few new
> mountains in the process?

> Matthew

> Si non confectus, non reficiat

To confuse the geography further, Folia seems to come from the
pampas:  "My land is the land ... of grass and wind and galloping
hoofs."
But of the three suitors in her story, one goes "north toward the
jungles," one "east toward the mountains," and one "west toward
the restless sea."

My interpretation of this was that the mountains were on the wrong
side of the continent because continental drift had switched
and was now sending South America in the other direction: east.

Peter