(urth) Dying Sun

Michael Dale undergod_13 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:01:39 PST 2007

I understand that a black hole is in the star, but I do not recall ever reading how it was developed.  I always assumed that Typhon caused its destruction in special projects to extract energy from the Sun.  This is pure speculation because of the size and energy required to run ships like the Whorl.  Star Lifting would be a great energy source for a long lasting Whorl, and having other technologies that could strip the sun of energy would provide a lot of power needed to run technologies of that level.

This is all speculation, because I can't remember reading a source saying that anything caused it, other than Typhon had scientist that were speculating the rate of its deminishment and they underestimated it (meaning that during Typhon's rule is when the Sun really increased its rate of decline, so I think that he did it)