(urth) Prior Race On Blue And Green

don doggett kingwukong at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 00:17:31 PST 2007

--- Recursive Loop <recursive_loop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sure, we could say--check the archives! But...you
> know...the folks who are new to the list and who
> have not yet added the word "Dreaded" to "Casting
> Thread" do managed to contribute the occasional
> new insight.
>
> I know that there is a natural history to lists, and
> maybe the "old timers" think we "newbys" are
> just re-hashing old history. We can just delve into
> the archives. But maybe we'll learn by
> discussion (that whole "social web" thing) and maybe
> others will learn from us as well.

Now that's just heresy. With an attitude like that
we'll have people giving all sorts of creative
interpretations. This is fiction, man, fiction. It's
all very serious and scientificated and such.
Hrm. By the way, Pedro, if Blue is anything in our
solar system, it's Mars. That's why there's
polyploidy, care of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Such
tangental thinking would be a lunatic way to look at
the real world, maybe, sometimes, but I as a reader
tend to find the more orthodox explanations of the sun
cycle a bit pedantic (zzzzz). All that really means is
that my Book of Gold is a little gaudier than most
everyone else's. And that I don't get invited to many
Urth-day parties. (I had plans anyway, guys)

Don

The Evangelists: a Lesser Apocrypha                                                                        http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=178109961