(urth) on the setting of short sun

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 20:43:59 PST 2007

Well, the face of time travel has reared its head
again on the Urth discussion list.

My arguments that Urth-Lune was Blue Green were never
as important to me as the idea that the trees of Blue
and Green were creating the vanished people by
consuming them, spitting out copies, and causing all
the weird stuff in the text to happen (at the end of
On Blue's Waters, when Horn says good-bye under the
big tree, I fervently believe that it is the end of
Horn as narrator and the beginning of Silk as narrator
- facilitated by the tree, whereas Horn goes to ride
the beast with three horns, babbie.)

I believe this link is the entire argument, including
polyploidy, time travel, and transubstantiation, for
those who have not been exposed to it before.

http://www.urth.org/whorlmap/chras-writers/marc-aramini1.htm

I hope those who have not yet read it have a chance
to, but I have little desire to argue about it anymore
with the list.

Marc