(urth) Typhon and the Whorl

Ashley Crill ash_crill at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:56:56 PST 2007

>   Whatever the original design, I think Typhon wanted the Whorl to return
> to Earth after things calmed down after a few centuries to "recolonize"
> using technical experts released from suspended animation to start fixing
> things, millions of peons that worshipped him as a god to provide the labor
> and armies of chems to reestablish order. Then they could either revive the
> original Typhon or if he was lost Pas could download into a suitable body
> and reestablish his empire and glory.
>
> Evidently something went wrong with his plan when he was deposed by his
> children and the inhumani hijacked the ship and redirected it to Green/Blue.

This is basically how I understand the Whorl. Typhon was hedging his bets, and using the Whorl as a resurrection scheme. He did intend to be downloaded into a human body at some point and the Silk embryo was his chosen body, hence Silk's great strength, charisma, and rapid healing powers. I'm not too sure that he intended a return to Earth however, perhaps he anticipated starting a new galactic empire from a suitable planet.