(urth) Prior Race On Blue And Green

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:57:54 PST 2007

While I agree with Dan'l 1000% that the Blue-Green system is NOT the Urth system, I think his comment "as unequivocally as he ever states anything" is (if not entirely tongue in cheek) something you might take particular note of.

As far as the original source, this subject has been discussed to death in this list and I'm sure it's out there to be found in some kind of search or other. Instead of searching for it for you I instead spent an equal amount of wasted time (probably even more uselessly wasted time, actually) looking up this quote by Umberto Eco where one of his characters classifies every human being as either a fool, cretin, moron or lunatic. In Wolfe-listean terms the "Blue = Urth" thing is roughly parallel to the Templars:

"The lunatic, on the other hand, doesn't concern himself at all with logic; he works by short circuits.
For him, everything proves everything else. The lunatic is all idée
fixe, and whatever he comes across confirms his lunacy. You can tell
him by the liberties he takes with common sense, by his flashes of
inspiration, and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the
Templars."

    "Invariably?"

    "There are lunatics who don't bring up the Templars, but those who
do are the most insidious. At first they seem normal, but all of a
sudden..."

> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:04:08 -0800
> From: danldo at gmail.com
> To: urth at lists.urth.net
> Subject: Re: (urth) Prior Race On Blue And Green
>
> People,
>
> The Blue-Green system is NOT the Urth system. Wolfe has stated
> this as unequivocally as he ever states anything.

I think I've read every single Wolfe interview on the web and I still am unconvinced. I didn't read any unequivocal answer from wolfe on this matter. Could you point it out?

Pedro