(urth) Prior Race On Blue And Green

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:26:36 PST 2007

From: undergod_13 at hotmail.comTo: urth at lists.urth.netDate: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 03:50:45 +0000Subject: Re: (urth) Prior Race On Blue And Green

From: domus_artemis at hotmail.comTo: urth at lists.urth.netDate: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:05:28 +0200Subject: Re: (urth) Prior Race On Blue And Green

> > Sorry about the 3 emails in a row... but I also just relaized that the> > prior race on Blue and Green left because of the Inhumi (or atleast thats> > what I always assumed) and they sound nothing like Humans.  They may be the "future" humans. We know from TBotNS that the next step on human (directed) evolution will be the Green Man race. Who knows how things go from there? We're talking transhumanism here.

 <<<(sorry about the length) I would agree that it may be some variation of future human, however it still leaves me to question why Typhon would construct the Whorl just to repopulate a system with a dieing sun.  He was on Earth already as it was failing so no real reason existed to recolonize it.  If computer Pas saw Earth failing he wouldn't waste his colony fliers on a dead Sun system in the distant hope that some savior the he doesn't believe in will convince a distant far advanced race to send Earth System a new Sun.   Sorry just not accepting that Green and Blue are Earth and Lune/Venus without better proof.  Expecially not only 300 (or 3,000) years in the future (the amount of time the Whorl has been in travel). Another thing that shoots that theory apart is the fact that SilkHorn astral travels to Urth in one of his dreams.  Here Scylla his bird talks to Scylla (question about that at the bottom of the page).  Now I do not think that SilkHorn can astral travel through time, but I do think he can instantly through any distance.  Thus 300 (or 3,000) years after this Whorl leaves Urth SilkHorn travels back to talk to child Severain. Timeline: Typhon Rules -> Whorl is sent -> Sun seriously deminishes -> Typhon dies and is replaced by Autarch system -> Whorl Arrives & Colonizes -> Severain is born -> SilkHorn astral travels and talks to Severain -> Severain becomes Autarch -> Severain leaves and returns with New Sun  As someone else stated Typhon obviously had FTL technology as ships existed that could take him between stars, unless these ships bend time, then they travel FTL since Typhon can survive the voyage.  I assume he could freeze himself, however he had doctors (as stated before) travel from across the galaxy to come and try and find a way to extend his life.  Assuming that he didn't send for his doctors 300 years in advance (assuming that STL travel takes approx 300 years since that was the speed of the Whorl, unless you accept the 3,000 Whorl trip) then they would have to be able to get to Earth in a faster method. Since instant teleportation exist, time travel exist, and even astral travel exist in this book series then I wouldn't discredit FTL travel.>>>

I basically agree, given the evidence you provide. I stand corrected, sir!  <<<As for inhumi traveling between Green and Blue, I think this is not reasonable for the following reason.  One city burned Inhumi to kill them... if fire can kill them I would assume they would burn up in the atmosphere, or die upon impact.  I think they lie about this so that the humans don't destroy all fliers.>>>

This may not be so. Burning upon entry on the atmosphere depends on a lot of things, including entry angle and velocity. There are literally tons of space dust falling to earth every year and acumulating e.g. on the bottom of lakes and they don't burn upon entry. Its not very far fetched, I suppose, to assume that the inhumi can do it.  <<<The version I like best is the following: Typhon begins a massive project to send Whorl Sized colony ships out into space and does so many sucessful times.  He does so by a technology that rapidly takes energy out of the Sun and powers them by lifting out Solar sections and encases them on the ship as a power supply.  Either FTL technology was unable to move ships of this size, or he did not want to trust the colonies with such guarded technology.  A new technology is developed that can extract power from the Sun at a faster rate and Typhon approves of its use and it develops, or atleast produces the same effect of a black hole in our star.  My idea would be a technology that would be easier than star lifting by just teleporting solar mass to a location, however when tested it basically creates a warp hole in our star to another location that is rapidly portaling out the center of our star (basically removing half of its mass) and taking it to another spot in the galaxy. Typhon realizes the damage done to the star and tries to calm the planet and evacuate all the technology and wealth that he can but unexpectedly stranded himself on the planet (probably through treachery, noticing that he is abandoned by his guards and probably posioned or killed by someone this isn't too far fetched)>>>

He was killed by Severian in UotNS if I remember correctly.

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!