(urth) Cumaean???

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:00:44 PST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 11:07 AM, Pedro Pereira <domus_artemis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Severian time can be from
> 100.000 years to 1 million years in the future, but the Sun at that time
> will be as "healthy" as it is now. I think the reason behind the "dying Sun"
> is artificial. Maybe something done by the Hierogrammates or by Tartaros
> (black hole in the hearth of the Sun?).

We are told explictly that there is a black hole in the heart of the Sun, and
it is at least implied that the HieroFoos put it there.

But I think 100K to 1M years is too short a time: some serious geology takes
place between Sev's time and ours, enough so that human structures
(made of materials strong enough to endure the process) are subducted
into the ground and then uplifted as part of mountains. I'm not sure how
long orogenesis actually takes, but I'm guessing it's on the order of millions
of years. Any geologists in Da Howse?

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----