(urth) Wolfe at the Beach: Two Reveiws

Patrick Pottorff happyguy99993 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 16:26:08 PDT 2007

 Hey, since you mentioned that, where can I find "Pattern Recognition"? What about the other New Sun and Briah short stories?

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:07:00 -0500
From: "Rex Lycanthrosaurus"
Subject: Re: (urth) Wolfe at the Beach: Two Reviews

Interestingly, Gibson borrows one of the Wolfe's classic techniques in
"Spook Country" -- i.e., refusing to identify a major character by name,
in this case "the old man" -- although if you've read "Pattern
Recognition," you can probably guess who he most likely is.

Similarly, Father Christopher's last name is never stated in Pirate
Freedom, although Wolfe does provide several clues about its ultimate
identity. Perhaps it's even the same as a certain list alumnus -- one
with a hard to pronounce Italian name?

--
  Rex Lycanthrosaurus
  lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm