(urth) urth Digest, Vol 32, Issue 21

Steven mcquaryq at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 09:46:27 PDT 2007

	I was 'turned on' to Vonnegut in the early '70s when I was still in
high school -- I absorbed a number of his books like they were
oxygen.  And Player Piano was part of the AP curriculum.  I remember
most fondly the God Bless You, Mr. R, Cat's Cradle period the best.
In later years I thought he'd become a terrible bore, esp. about the
Dresden bombing.  He's entitled to his opinion, having lived through
it, but I don't think it was emblamatic of the Allies aims during
that incredible apocalyptic holocaust.

On Apr 12, 2007, at 10:18 PM, urth-request at lists.urth.net wrote:

> I'm still digesting the news to offer any cogent comments.  There
> has  been
> some discussion of his passing in the Patrick O'Brian mail group to
> which I
> belong.
>

> Bruce  Trinque

Steven