(urth) In Glory Like Their Star

Nathan Spears spearofsolomon at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 09:52:34 PDT 2007

>Mr. Ellis expressed the idea that Wolfe might have been feeling
>indignation at the idea that "primitive" man would have been unable
>to distinguish between alien and god.

> Actually, that's not what I said at all. Of course a primitive race
will be unable to distinguish between alien and god - there's no blame
in that. What I said was that Wolfe might have been feeling
indignation at modern writers making the same mistake.

Apologies - I was thinking of this remark by Mr. Lackey:
"Given that he is a religious
man, it might be assumed that he resented the implication that people in Old
Testament times were more gullible than modern people, unable to distinguish
between superior technology and divinity."