(urth) Wolfe movies from short stories

Stuart Hamm hammstu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 15 05:39:40 PDT 2007

My comments on GW movies and Music...
  I was strolling around the Bohemian Grove when someone noticed a copy of "Attending Daedalus" poking out of my gig bag (sorry for mis-attributing this book to Borski in an earlier post...got kids?..sleep much???...)
  Turns out it was Henry Kaiser who has done sound for some W Herzog films (Grizzly Man..)and some fine albums, and who is I'm sure the only Bohemian to explore different interpretations of GW's writing...
  Turns out there is a French production of "The Death of Dr Island" and so we tried to track the producers down to see if they needed music (Much of my work has been Bassed (pun intended) on Sf writers PK Dick, William Gibson and JG Ballard.)
  Alas, the music was already done but Henry and I have have plans to do a CD based on GW stories, themes and characters...
Cheers
   Stuart Hamm
Rex Lycanthrosaurus <lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm> wrote:

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:57:34 -0600, "Michael Straight"
said:

> Oh, and what's the name of the story about the three Disney robots at
> the end of the world?

Not by Wolfe, but Howard Waldrop: "Heirs of the Perisphere."

As for movies, I think the first third of FIFTH HEAD would make a good
film, especially if directed by someone stylish like Christopher Nolan.
It would start with the murder of Maitre by persons unknown, and then a
prefect from Saint Croix could undertake to solve the case by looking at
various of Cave Canem's denizens, each of whom might have a motive for
killing Maitre: his two sons, his crippled scientist-sister, his robot
progenitor, a disgruntled employee (prostitute) of or visitor (john) to
the House at 666 Saltimbanque or even a visiting anthropologist from
Earth. I'd also eliminate for ease of backstory the abo-Saint Anne
connection and make the shapechangers native to Saint Croix. Only at the
end would we learn of the cloning connection and its ramifications.

--
Rex Lycanthrosaurus
lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm

Stuart Hamm