(urth) Don't Sell 'Em Short

don doggett kingwukong at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 15:26:11 PDT 2007

> On 4/12/07 2:19 PM, "Chris" <rasputin_ at hotmail.com>
> wrote:

> > Also... I have trouble attributing a great deal of
> subtlety to the person
> > who, if I recall correctly, brought the film
> "Showgirls" into the world.

I never claimed subtlety. It's actually more like a
punch to the head. It's a comedy where the joke's on
the audience, really.

--- James Crossley <ishmael at drizzle.com> wrote:

> You're right about "Showgirls," but I have to
> disagree with you about
> "Starship Troopers."  Whether it's a subtle film or
> not, it's definitely a
> conscious commentary on the action movie as
> propaganda.

And anytime this movie is brought up on any list, this
sort of thing comes up. Just scroll through the amazon
reviews of the movie. I'm in the minority but
definitely not on the fringe in my opinion.