(urth) Don't Sell 'Em Short

Recursive Loop recursive_loop at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 08:16:19 PDT 2007

Greetings:

"In pondering the difficulties of filming a Wolfe novel,
and there are many, I think it is a mistake for us to sell
screenwriters and film directors short."

Welllllll...let's see...

The film verison of "I, Robot" (took the title, but used a story somebody else wrote, slapped in
some Asimov characters, shake well and bleah)

The film version of "Starship Troopers" (where the director proudly stated he had not read the
book and was not going to read the book)

A remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (pending, but what do you want to bet it is going to
stink)

A remake of "Psycho" (why? why? why?)

A remake of "The Haunting" (why? why? why?)

...and many more...

Every now and again Hellywood gets it right. But my personal scorecard is heavily weighted on the
other side of things.

FPK3