(urth) The Soundtrack

Recursive Loop recursive_loop at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 17:32:56 PDT 2007

Greetings:

"That's quite a selection.  And I can see the merit in all those artists.

"Are they all artists you would listen to anyway?  Any specific to GW?"

They are all folks I listen to anyway. I've been listening to Tangerine Dream since 1976 or
thereabouts. Rich, Roach, etc., all grew out of those interests.

Zimmer ,Shore and others grew out of watching movies. Every now and again I find a soundtrack that
will work for me without the movie. With Zimmer it was his soundtrack to "Blackhawk Down". With
Shore it was his work for the "Lord of the Rings" movies.

So I guess Shore would be about as "specific to GW" as I could get, given Wolfe's love of the
Trilogy.

Thinking on it, I probably listen to music less with Wolfe than some other authors.

And the one soundtrack that I totally have cut out is television. I cannot read and have a
television in the room. If my wife or daughter watches something, I leave the room. It irks my
wife, somewhat, but I tell her I need less intrusive noise when I am reading!

Fred Kiesche