(urth) Is Borskis (sp?) Theory Wright?

David DiGiacomo david at slack.com
Mon Apr 9 08:29:40 PDT 2007

>The response below is very typical. Many of the more
>invested fans of GW simply don't *like* this line of
>interpretation. A tale from GW where religion is the
>wool that has been pulled over the eyes of humanity is
>not to be contenanced, apparently.  :-)

It is rather rude of you to accuse other fans of being closed minded, even
with a smiley.

Personally, I would be very comfortable with such an interpretation, but I
can't reconcile it with Wolfe's other work, and what I know of his life
and beliefs.

Consider Wolfe's own quote: "Almost any interesting work of art comes
close to saying the opposite of what it really says."

P.S. "Top posting makes the Theanthropos weep" (as does HTML mail, Apple
Mail, etc.).