(urth) Is Borskis (sp?) Theory Wright?

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 03:59:22 PDT 2007

Hardly. Witness the Long Sun series; Wolfe is not averse to portraying false
religions, and we all know it.

One primary problem as far as I am concerned is that the theory assumes that
we in general, and Severian in particular, are fully manipulable with no
free will. This ends up being especially problematic if you combine the
determinism with an evil force behind the steering wheel. Even in the Long
Sun books, Pas is not able to do this.

Also, it simply isn't a particularly *interesting* story this way.