(urth) Blood Meridian - still utterly and completely off topic

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 14:57:08 PDT 2006

I was in a bookstore last night and actually considered buying Blood
Meridian or All the Pretty Horses. I read No Country for Old Men
earlier this year and thought it was great, so I figured I should try
another one of his books. So bleak, yet so persuasive.

By the way, I understand that McCarthy has a new book, The Road,
coming out very shortly. It's about a father and son trying to
survive in a post-apocalyptic world. Advance word on the book seems
good, though I don't think it's getting the same praise as Blood
Meridian or the Border Trilogy (All the Pretty Horses, The Crossing,
and Cities on the Plain).

-Matt