(urth) Close Reading: Torturer Chapter I

Rex Lycanthrosaurus lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 5 08:51:16 PDT 2006

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:24:40 -0400, "b sharp" <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
said:

> >Who was dug up?
>
> A dark haired woman in a pale gown with a livid face (Allowin's
> Neckace?).
> She has tribade (lesbian) tendencies according to Vodalus' followers.

You're conflating two different women, I believe.

The first was disinterred back when Severian was still a boy; Drotte is
captain of the apprentices at the time.

*Years* subsequently pass. But from the conversation of the Vodalarii
("Going far this time? Going to drown yourself again?"), it seems
readily apparent they've been participating in corpse-eating all along,
and not at several year intervals.

Even on ice, a real carrot kept this long is hardly likely to be
delectable!

--
  Rex Lycanthrosaurus
  lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm