(urth) Dr Talos

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 18:40:16 PDT 2006

On 9/7/06, b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, so you are thinking the Baldanders-Talos relationship mirrors the
> humanity-Hierogrammate relationship?

Actually, no, I hadn't thought of it that way; just the idea of a
made thing becoming in some way greater than its maker ...
the desire to do which is, itself, pretty much the ur-sin.  But
Talos and the HieroXs don't _seek_ to surpass their makers;
it just happens.

> um...Hiero-fools?

No, Hiero-Foos, where "foo" is a sort of generic variable
name from (my generation of) computer science students.
If you need two, the second one is either "bar" or "baz,"
depending on whether you went to Berkeley or Stanford 8*)
--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----