(urth) Close Reading: Torturer Chapter I

Jon Capps jon at joncapps.net
Mon Sep 4 10:58:17 PDT 2006

JWillard wrote:

> Maybe this is a dumb idea, but I thought today that it might be
> interesting to start a close-reading project, beginning at the beginning
> with Shadow of the Torturer.

I'm currently focusing on getting through the Soldier books in prep for
Sidon (I'm nearing the end of Mist), but I'd be more than willing to
participate.  Shadow and Claw is how I discovered Wolfe.  I just
finished my third reading of New Sun this Spring, but I've never
actually sat down to critically study it.

Oh, and I'm new to the list, so hello everybody.  I'd meant to register
about the time Wizard was published, and never got around to it until how ;)

jon