(urth) Apollo

Fred Kiesche godel2escher2bach at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 05:59:35 PDT 2006

Greetings:

This is the one that I was thinking of. I doesn't
quite match the one described in the book. Perhaps Mr.
Wolfe was thinking of one of the missions to come,
using the Artemis lander?

;)

<http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/as17-134-20384HR.jpg>

an excellent portrait of Jack with the U.S. flag and
the Earth. We get a good view of Jack's chest-mounted
RCU and the camera bracket. Using planetarium program
Starry Night Deluxe, we see that, had cloud cover over
the southwestern Pacific been lighter, the Antarctica
would have been visible at the left and Australia
would have been coming into view over the top. Four
hours later, Earth's rotation would bring Australia to
center stage. Scan courtesy NASA Johnson.

          Fred Kiesche (FPK3)

  My books are water; those of great geniuses are wine. Everybody drinks water. (Mark Twain, "Notebook")
Over 7,000 postings served! See The Eternal Golden Braid (http://theeternalgoldenbraid.blogspot.com/ ).