(urth) Wolfe: Misogynist Or Realist?

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Thu Oct 19 22:51:07 PDT 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 10:01 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> Adam Thornton wrote:
>> On Oct 19, 2006, at 7:33 PM, b sharp wrote:
>>>  And timidly suggest the answer
>>> is....chivalry?  For what other reason (again won't get into
>>> biology) can we
>>> as a society consider men to be more expendable than women?
>> Chivalry *is* biology.
>> One guy can impregnate thousands of women.  A woman can bear a
>> lifetime maximum of, what, maybe 20 or 30 children?
> I'll bite: Why protect one woman and her children if there are
> thousands
> more for you to knock up?

Uh, cause there are going to be approximately equal numbers of men
and women after a couple of generations anyway.  If there are plenty
of women left then having plenty of men around will take care of
itself.  If there aren't, then the population will remain small.

In short: males are expendable.

Adam