(urth) Wolfe: Misogynist or Realist?

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 11:17:07 PDT 2006

Point of order.

On 10/18/06, b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think we can all agree Wolfe is
> writing from his heart and his deeper feelings about women are expressed.
> Dan'ls expressed view was also heartfelt and I take his use of the term
> "misogynist" to be a recognition of the distance between himself and Wolfe
> on this issue, not a flat condemnation.

I did not use the term "misogynist" except once, and that was to
specifically state that I did NOT consider Wolfe one. I believe it
was David who brought the term in -- specifically, he spoke of
"blatant misogyny" in regards to certain themes (which I DO find
disturbing; make no mistake) in Wolfe's oeuvre.

(Nor am I at all clear on why you accuse me of being a gentleman,
based on this coinscription; nor, for that matter, of why it would be
something I should consider an "accusation," as opposed, to, say,
a "compliment.")

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----