(urth) The Death of Doctor Island Movie

David DiGiacomo david at slack.com
Mon Oct 16 09:55:35 PDT 2006

>I always thought that the trio of IDD, DrOfDI, and DofDrI was the most
>accessible and visual of GWs works and would make an facinating triptych of
>short films. Hopefully this will not be awful and they'll make two more.

I agree that The Death of Doctor Island is accessible in terms of
understanding the plot, but I also find it to be one of Wolfe's most
disturbing and offensive stories.  I can't imagine what a mass audience
would make of it.

(This leads me to wonder if I would dislike other Wolfe stories as much, if
only I could understand them.)