(urth) The Katharine maid

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:26:41 PDT 2006

Roy,

An eidolon is an interesting idea, but where does the eidolon
technology come from? Are you suggesting that some group of
Hiero-Foos have been projecting the Katherine-maid into the
Cathedral all these years? For what reason?

I offered another suggestion a few days back that meets the
criteria you lay out. An artificial person, a la Jonas -- I guess we'd
have to call her a chem? -- might easily enough be built with an
optionally-detachable head. (Recall that Severian is sure he feels
the neck sever under his blow.)  Since chem-building technology
was clearly around in Typhon's (and therefore Ymar's) day, this
removes any necessity for alien intervention.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----