(urth) Are old questions OK?

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:40:29 PDT 2006

I do not recall anyone "heaping" "venom" or "derision" on Borski. Borski was
a contributor to this list for a while, if I recall correctly, and
well-liked by people here - even those of us who think his theories are too
much of a stretch. This does not mean we have to accept his theories, or
obligate us to praise them for having merits we don't think they have. Nor
does it incline us to accept at face value, on the basis of Borski's
authority, anything a poster wants to use to argue their own points.
Arguments from authority are shady business anyway, and when the position
being argued is controversial, such reasoning is not going to get a warm
reception.

As far as "Solar Labyrinth" goes, I think I posted my thoughts on it some
time ago, and they may (or may not) be in the archives. The book has value,
even though I don't agree with most of its conclusions (or many of its
premises), if for no other reason than the fact that Borski has been very
attentive to the text and brings up many thought-provoking points that may
have passed unnoticed, or been forgotten, on your first (or second, or
third, or fourth) reading of the series.