(urth) Wolfe: Misogynist? and accessibility

Hmpf MacSlow hmpf1998 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 19 12:42:07 PDT 2006

>Any realistic man knows that he does not understand what it is like
>to be a woman - portraits he paints of her are from the outside looking in.

Actually, as a woman who has spent most of her life reading books
written by men, from a male perspective, and hasn't found that
perspective mind-bogglingly alien, I'd say the differences between
men and women are somewhat (or, depending on which depiction we're
actually talking about, often even *hugely*) exaggerated. Neither our
emotions nor our thought processes seem greatly different to me. Of
course, I can only go by what I know from literature, movies,
conversations with members of the opposite sex... but I'd say that's
quite a corpus of evidence.

Sorry, that was OT, I know. Just a personal pet peeve.

Hmpf

---
"I'm not sure that's ethical."
"It's not, it's vodka."