(urth) New BotNS cover design

Jesper Svedberg jsvedberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 06:55:55 PST 2006

James Machin skrev:
> I really hope to see a decently design edition of BotNS one day - one
> that doesn't rely on pulpy fantasy action scenes. I think the Don Maitz
> art is pretty naf and the Fantasy Masterworks ed is hardly better. The
> Arrow eds. cover art was much much better IMHO, but what I think would
> be great would be something along the lines of a good Penguin cover
> design - my personal choice would be something more abstract, or maybe
> something involving the moon landing painting hanging jarringly on a
> mediaeval wall.

But BotNS is pulpy! It's just that it's really, really well written pulp.
The best BotNS cover is still the old British cover for The Shadow of
the Torturer by Bruce Pennington:
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~ajellis/images/shadow.JPG

The cover for the Swedish edition of Shadow & Claw is nice too, and
pretty classy as well.
http://home.student.uu.se/jesv8435/wolfe_dnsb1.jpg

(The Fantasy Masterworks covers are truly awful though.)

   // Jesper