(urth) is Gene Wolfe among us?

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Sat May 20 14:55:30 PDT 2006

Once there was a rumor that Gene Wolfe was disguised in this community.  If
that were true, how could we identify him?

If he is actually a technophobe then we wouldn't expect he has been here
from the begininning. But once he arrived we'd expect him to be intelligent
and insightful, yet circumspect.  To make regular entries focusing on
factual evidence more than grand fanciful theories.  His writing would
reflect the culture of an older American.

What sort of name would he choose?  Since this archive is composed of his
loyal fans, he might pick a name which reflects his feeling that he is our
humble servant, the artist serving his patrons.  On the other hand his name
might also reflect that he and his work are the focus, the center of
everything here; that we honor and revere him. His name might also reflect
that this is a place where an anonymous sovereign might view his subjects,
the monarch can see his vassals, lord see peons,
King C. Servant

-bsharp (=what note on the keyboard?)