(urth) apology

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:57:02 PDT 2006

Seconding what Daniel says; B, I find your posts fascinating, and
usually well-reasoned even if I don't agree with them. You are not
the first person to come into this list and make a whole lot of postings,
full of new observations and theories; even when the theories are far
more controversial than yours have been, I think it's a good thing,
because it tends to bring new energy to the list, which otherwise
tends to languish somewhat between Lupine publications.

--Dan'l

On 5/23/06, Daniel D Jones <ddjones at riddlemaster.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 May 2006 13:16, b sharp wrote:
> > I'd like to apologize for monopolizing so much of the community space
> > lately.  My excuse is that I spent the last 20 years reading the 5 Urth
> > books at least once and often twice a year with no one to discuss them.  So
> > the floodgates are currently open, unless a chorus of complaints arise. The
> > reservoir is draining and should be at more acceptable levels soon.
>
> I'm rather at a loss as to why you'd apologize for discussing Wolfe's works on
> a mailing list devoted to discussing Wolfe's works.  It's email.  If someone
> is offended or bored with your posts, they can easily skip over the posts.
> If they're really tired of reading your posts, they can twit you.
> Personally, I've found your posts quite interesting.  Post on.
>
> (I'm not sure if the word "twit" is still commonly used in this manner.  In
> the old BBS days and the early days of the Internet, all of a decade and a
> half or so ago, a "twit filter" was a filter which automatically deleted
> posts from a specific person.  To "twit" someone was to add them to your twit
> filter.)

I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer