(urth) Borski and cacogens (Long)

maru dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:13:33 PDT 2006

On 5/22/06, b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com> wrote:
> As you note, the Cumaean, when seen in 4 dimensions by Severian, really has
> the form of a headless (or endlessly long) snake with many faces on her
> back. I don't think any mask would make THAT look like an old woman.
> Regarding Father Inirie, Borski identifies him as making many secret
> appearances. In the two most obvious (servitor guides Severian to Green
> Room; guide with monkeyhead pole in the jungle) he is wearing a hood. I
> think he makes some other appearances that Borski misses in which his face
> (shapeshifted) is showing. As The Cumaean is snake-like, so I think Inire
> is monkey-like. Note in the Jungle room of the Botanical Garden both a
> snake and a monkey are encountered. But more on that in later posts.
>
> Okay, I think that addresses everything. How did I do????
>
> -bsharp

So you think the Cumaean was a single really weird hierodule? Funny-
I'd always took it as a message that this was a single entity who
inhabited multiple humans over time (the many faces and continuous
snake), possibly in an Autarch-way of eating the brain.  One wonders
what Autarch Sev would look like....

~maru