(urth) Father Inire

mournings glory mourningsglory at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 19:55:30 PDT 2006

>From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <danldo at gmail.com>

>Totally off topic, but ...
>
>On 5/25/06, mournings glory <mourningsglory at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Plunking on the honkytonk of his brain, bsharp
>
>Is there any particular reason why you believe b to be a he? I
>had tentatively decided "she," but would not presume to address
>b as either "he" or "she" pending confirmation from hir own
>keybird.

The Y chromosome seems especially dominant here and I cannot remember the
last time that someone clearly identified as XX ventured to enter the
domain.

Unfortunately, the Gender Genie (http://bookblog.net/gender/genie.html) is
down today, so we can't test a chunk of his/her/its prose; at least with me,
last time I did so, I'm still coming up "female".

Of course, b# could always tell us -- and regardless of gender and how often
I may disagree, a big shout-out to you, sir or mam, whichever you may be!
There have not been this many posts in a single month since I joined the
list three years ago, and if your posts about the rest of Wolfe's work are
as provocative and interesting, it should make for much intesting reading
and debate to come.

XmX