(urth) Borski and cacogens (Long)

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 04:41:23 PDT 2006

Roy says:
>Regardless of how they personally cope with their temporal backwardness
>when
>interacting with normal people, the fact remains, as I pointed out about a
>week ago in the "Baldanders" thread, from the viewpoint of forward-living
entities, they know less and less as time goes on. Just revisit their first
>meeting with Severian on the Ship to see it.>

Yes, F, B and O know less and less as OUR time passes.  We know less and
less as their time passes.  They know the most in Apu Punchau's time.

Roy says:
>One of Ossipago's primary baby-sitting functions may have been to serve as
>data source/timekeeper for his charges, allowing them to interact with
>those
>who experienced time conventionally. As a machine with sensors and a
>data-storage and retrieval system, he must have experienced the flow of
>time
>in a clockwise fashion.

This contradicts the "Ossipago is Inire" theory, which is fine with me.  But
any thoughts on why Severian, before he enters Baldanders' castle, sees one
orange blob teleport up to the spaceship, then only two ready to teleport
down, just before he meets F, B and O for the (his) first time?

(the boring answer to the photo question is that it is merely the product of
a image web search using the key words "embarassed face") I think there is
only one picture of me posted online, me playing saxophone.)

-bsharp