(urth) Quotable Wolfe

pthwndxrclzp aquastor at gmail.com
Sat May 20 00:04:28 PDT 2006

This passage always brings a big smile to my face:

"It is a gambling proposition," Dr. Talos explained. "And I confess to
loving them. The money in the hat is a sure thing--by the close of the first
act I can predict to an orichalk how much it will be. But the dropsies! They
may be no more than two apples and a turnip, or as much as the imagination
can encompass. We have found a baby pig. Delicious, so Baldanders told me
when he ate it. We have found a baby baby. We have found a gold-headed
stick, and I retain it..."