(urth) Baldanders

Macronaut macronaut at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 15:35:35 PDT 2006

>Thought for rumination: in the Lupiverse, if you
>strive to be more than "mere" human, you become a
>monster; while if you strive to be more fully human,
>you become more than human.

I think that's an excellent and intruiging observation
-- it certainly applies to Sev, maybe to the green
man, and maybe to others like Tzadkiel or the people
of Yesod.

You might also be able to argue that this difference
is reflected in where people draw their powers -- that
when you become more human your power comes from the
Increate rather than technology.  Sev draws not on
devices to do things but on star power that he uses by
some unknown means.  Sev and the green man travel the
corridors of time without apparent aid of technology.
People like Sev and the green man don't use devices to
accomplish things -- they just have some innate or
learned ability.

There are certainly problems with this theory -- the
heirodules clearly use technology for time travel and
all the rest, and are impliedly closer to the
Increate.  And the undines have innate power to travel
time, invade dreams, etc. and yet are surely not very
human (though I agree they may start out that way,
albeit albino and with webby toes, a la Idas).
Nevertheless, I think there's a kernel of something
true there.  Maybe the heirodules are less than human
-- tools to help us evolve.  And the undines can be
ambiguous under this analysis too.

Macronaut