(urth) Looking for dictionary recommedations

Mark Millman millman at heimdallr.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 11 23:35:03 PDT 2006

Kate,

You might also want to get a copy of _Mrs.
Byrne's Dictionary of Unusual, Obscure, and
Preposterous Words_, by Josefa Heifetz Byrne.
Wolfe has referred to it in, I believe, an
essay or an interview, and it has some words
that are tough to find even in the OED.

Then there's always _The Castle of the Otter_,
collected in _Castle of Days_ but frequently
available on the secondary market, and
Michael Andre-Driussi's _Lexicon Urthus_,
though this latter is very difficult to find,
and usually quite costly when found.  I have
a copy of _Castle_ I can give you--let me
know by private e-mail whether or not you al-
ready have a copy--but the three copies of
the _Lexicon_ I found are $225 (abebooks),
$250 (Amazon), and $495 (!--abebooks again),
respectively.

Or you personally may send me vocabulary
lists if you like, and I'll send definitions.
(This offer available only to Kate Savage.)

Mark