(urth) urth Digest, Vol 22, Issue 21

Jonathan & Rachel Laidlow ultan01 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 24 13:37:38 PDT 2006

I wonder whether a wiki is really what is needed.
Surely a wiki purports to a level of certainty on a
par with an encyclopedic or other authoritative
discourses such as dictionaries. How can we be certain
that the interpretation in the wiki is correct? It is
only an interpretation, after all. What is to stop the
next person who edits it from changing your
interpretation beyond all recognition?

Furthermore - what's wrong with searching the urth
mailing lists? I found some fantastic discussion of
"the Tree is my Hat" here when I found myself asking
questions earlier this month.